Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tits and Clits

Today I read through the underground comic called Tits and Clits. I have to say I was interested in it because of the name. I guess it’s easy to say I got what I wanted a comic about sex. Literally this comic book was filled with stories and they were all just about sex. The first comic I read in the book was Persephone gets what she wants and it really got me because the characters were cats! From then on the comic was filled with lesbian sex, sex junkies, rapists, masturbation, and more sex.

I found the comic entertaining and I really didn’t mind the graphic images I thought they were pretty funny. I could see why someone may see the comic as condescending to women but I can really respect it for what it is. I mean its titled Tits and Clits if that offends you, you probably shouldn’t read the comic.

I really stayed interested while reading through this comic book because I enjoyed the different drawing styles. I particularly liked Roberta Gregory’s pen and ink work, the large solid shapes with the cross hatching is really appealing. I also loved the comic Rufus and the rapist because the scratchy drawing style looked so different then all the others in the book, but it didn’t say who the artist was.

I like the images and the content together in the comic they have a sense of quickness that I admire. Its simple and to the point, they don’t try to glorify women in any way in fact you may think it’s the exact opposite, I find this humorous and fascinating because the whole book is created by women. It’s a comic book about sex if that’s what you want than that’s what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment